MCCI seeks for an experienced and qualified person for appointment to the post of Additional Secretary-General which in the organizational set-up is just below that of the Secretary-General and CEO.
The role of the Additional Secretary-General is to support the Secretary-General and CEO in the overall direction, management and administration of all aspects of the Chamber including its day-to-day activities in attaining the functional goals of the Chamber. The Additional Secretary-General will work closely with the Secretary-General and CEO to create the management practices that enable a high performing and effective executive team within the Chamber Secretariat.
Responsibilities: As a senior professional, the selected person will be required to take a leading role in the Chamber’s activities under the guidance of the Secretary-General and the over-all strategic control and supervision of the Board of Directors of the Chamber. For this, person with strong background in qualitative analysis of issues, particularly economic evaluation of development plans and policies with ability to critically think are required. Strong command over English is essential. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Assist the Secretary-General and CEO in discharging his/her responsibilities and exercising effectiveness in responding to the Chamber’s evolving needs
- Supervise Chamber’s publications and the publication department to ensure high quality of outputs in both print and digital media
- Prepare reports and position papers for the Secretary-General and the Board, identifying issues, apparent problems, opportunities and service delivery gaps, and recommend initiatives and amendments to policies and programs for attaining objectives of the Chamber as and when required
- Supervise updating the contents of the Chamber website on a regular basis and respond timely to social media issues
- Carry out economic analysis of specific country/sector as and when asked for
- Forecast impact of tariff structure of specific tariff heads and income tax rates and make appropriate recommendations during preparation of budget proposal
- Represent the Chamber in various meetings and events both in-house or outside, assist in the day-to-day activities of the Chamber, maintain professional relationships with regulatory authorities and stakeholders and facilitate services to the member-firms.
- Monitor welfare related issues of the Chamber Secretariat and bring issues to the notice of the Secretary-General and CEO as and when required
- Prepare statements/meeting notes/briefs for the office bearers as and when necessary
- Carry out any other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Secretary-General and CEO
Required academic qualifications: At least an M.A. in Economics/Development Economics or an M.B.A. is preferred. Candidates having appropriate professional backgrounds, excellent command over English, strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to interact with senior policy-makers, academicians, civil society and industry leaders are encouraged to apply.
Age: Not above 50 years as at 01/01/2022
Equal Opportunity: MCCI is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages women, minorities and especially abled candidates to apply
Working environment: The MCCI provides excellent working atmosphere and job autonomy.
Emoluments: The compensation package will be commensurate with the qualifications of the chosen candidate. The position offers career progression.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV by post with a recent passport size photograph, a covering note (not more than 2000 words) highlighting the reason/motivation for applying to the post and why should he/she be considered as the most competent candidate and expected compensation package by 15 February 2022.
Please send all correspondence to the following address:
SECRETARY-GENERAL & CEO
Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dhaka (MCCI)
Chamber Building (4th floor), 122-124, Motijheel C/A., Dhaka 1000